cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
redabert
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Photosmart 6520 - photo prints slightly vertically deformed

HP Recommended
Photosmart 6520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I print photos they are often vertically deformed, say stretched !! Does anyone know a solution for this?

5 REPLIES 5
redabert
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did a remove (+reboot), reinstall (+reboot) of the software ... problem remains !!

I'm printing from within Photoshop CC

Printer manages colors or Photoshop manages color no matter the problem is persistent !!

I am distraught at the end of my rope  !!!! Help ...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
redabert
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anyone ???

Drakster
Retired
Retired
4,038 3,705 306 607
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi @redabert

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 

I see that you're experiencing print quality problems on your HP Photosmart 6520 Printer. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos. 

I understand the frustration that you're experiencing. There are a number of different reasons why this could be happening.

To help determine if this is a hardware or software issue, please follow these guides:.

Fixing Poor Print Quality

What were the results when you printed the test page?
If you see defects on the printed page, there could be issues with the ink cartridges, printhead or ink delivery system.

If there are no noticeable defects on the printed page, there could be an issue with the print driver. Please check Devices and Printers to see if the Class Driver is being used, rather than the HP Driver. 
You can also use the Print and Scan Doctor, it will detect if the wrong print driver is being used.

If the issue persists, please ensure you're are selecting the correct print settings.

HP Photosmart 6520 Printers - Printing Photos (Windows)
Please make sure that you're selecting the correct paper type/size when printing. 

Please try printing from Paint or Windows 10 Photos App. 
What were the results? 
What type of paper are you using?

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

redabert
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drakster,

Thanks for your reply.

All you suggesting here I already had tried before without success !

On my all-in-one HP Photosmart I only print pictures of our grandchildren or some other stuff for testing.

In our photo club we print our pictures on a calibrated Epson SureColor P6000 24 "Large-Format Inkjet Printer. Controlled from a calibrated screen and equipped with properly working display and print profiles.
So I've at least some experience. Several members of the club have also been suggested to switch to Epson. And I think I will soon consider anyway.

Drakster
Retired
Retired
4,038 3,705 306 607
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In order for me to assist you better, I will need to know the results of the troubleshooting steps.

Otherwise, I will not be able to help you narrow down the cause.

"What were the results when you printed the test page?
If you see defects on the printed page, there could be issues with the ink cartridges, printhead or ink delivery system. 

If there are no noticeable defects on the printed page, there could be an issue with the print driver. Please check Devices and Printers to see if the Class Driver is being used, rather than the HP Driver. 
You can also use the Print and Scan Doctor, it will detect if the wrong print driver is being used.

Please try printing from Paint or Windows 10 Photos App. 
What were the results? 
What type of paper are you using?"

I hope you have a nice day.

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation