cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kallidad77
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 38
Flag Post

Photosmart 7510 won't connect to Web Services

HP Recommended

I have a new Photosmart 7510 All-In-One.  I need to fax.  I cannot connect to Web Services.  I keep getting the following error:

Server Connection Error:

Unable to connect to Web Services.  Confirm internet access and try again.

The printer is connected to my network and it will print and scan.  My Photosmart Premium C410 will connect to Web Services without an issue.  HP has been no help in my calls for support.  I can see this is an issue, but I haven't seen it solved anywhere.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1

37 REPLIES 37
D_P_George
Level 6
238 236 27 74
Message 2 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Kallidad77,

Here are some steps to try to see if you can get past this error and enable Web Services to use the eFax feature on the printer.

1. Restore the Network defaults

2. Unplug the printers power cord while it is still on. Leave it unplugged and walk to the router.

3. While the router is still on, unplug the power cord from the router, leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cord to the router. Once plugged back in the router should power on automatically.

4. Plug the power cord back into the printer. Once plugged back in the printer should power on automatically.

5. Run the Wireless Setup Wizard to reconnect the printer to your wireless network.

6. Try enabling Web Services.

Hopefully this will reset whatever settings you had on the printer relating to the network and allow you to connect to Web Services and use the eFax features.

You can reply to this message and I will try and answer any other issues you may be experiencing.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
kallidad
Level 1
5 4 0 6
Message 3 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That didn't work.  To clarify, the printer has always connected to my network.  It simply will not connect to HP's Web Services.  The message I get is:

Server Connection Error

Unable to connect to Web Services.  Confirm internet access and try again.

kallidad
Level 1
5 4 0 6
Message 4 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Here's the solution that did work!  Thanks to David Praveen.

In that case I suggest you to print HP Network Configuration Page and make a note of the Printer IP address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway as printed in the page.

Next open Internet Explorer browser and type the printer IP in the address bar and press Enter key. This will open printer information web page also known as EWS (Embedded Web Server) page. Here click on Network. If the printer is in Wireless, select Wireless and one of the settings displayed talks about Manual IP configuration.

At this setting select Manual IP and enter the Printer IP, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway. Then select Manual DNS and enter the following addresses

Save the settings and turn OFF and turn ON the printer. Try re-enabling the webservices and check the result,

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

jenwillzack
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm now having the same problem. I did everything mentioned above and it still won't connect to web service. Any other suggestions?

svtcharged85
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've tried the mentioned directions in this post, and have gotten the same results. Still wont connect to the Web Services. Please help ASAP!

Thanks!

mestopal
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Same issue here. Any solutions HP??
Bassman1349
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem hear.

Shane_R
Level 11
7,948 7,844 685 1,154
Message 9 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

The servers are undergoing unscheduled updates at this time. The best thing to do is wait 1-2 hours at the least and 24 hours at the most, then try again. If this does not help, let me know and I will see what I can do.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
mestopal
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended
HP says it their server. When it gets too busy it refuses to register any additional printers. They said "eventually" it will work. Horrible answer and support.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation