cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ToonTown
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Photosmart 7520 e AIO, set Adanced Printing Defaults to Black Ink Only and Fast Draft?

HP Recommended

I think I lost the defaults when the last few updates were downloaded . . . the HP Support Website is frustrating.  I attempted to rephrased the question, but no luck!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,554 90,431 11,630 24,924
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forum. For Black Ink Only,  please try

(a) Double click printer icon on desktop,
(b) Click Set Preferences,
(c) Click Advanced,
(d) Select "Black Ink only" for Print in Grayscale
(e) Click Ok/Apply ...

Note: Printer still needs all color inks and it will consume a very small amount of inks during warmng up process.

For Draft, please use Quality tab and select Draft.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
ToonTown
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed the instructions; but checked Printing Preferencences/Advances before printing.  Print in Grayscale was "Off"  and Print Output Quality was "Normal".  

I am an old senior and I'm not confident on the computer but I can follow instructions.  Before the last few updates, I think I had the defaults set to "Black Ink Only" and "Fast Draft" and only to change them when I wanted "colour" and "normal or best".  

0 Kudos
ToonTown
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, that is same solution that was posted a few days ago . . . I retried the solution and it doesn't work.  

Does anyone know if the problems flow through to HP?

Cheers

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation