Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My photosmart 7520 will not scan but will print wirelessly.  The screen on the printer says it is connected to the macbook but when I click scan to mac and then tells me it is not connected to any computer. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sdm52793

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the HP Photosmart 7520 prints but does not scan,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

did you check if the scanner glass is clean?

Have you been able to use the copier lately, does that work as a stand alone printer?

Did you check for any other HP Forum posts to help resolve your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

While you respond to that, here are a few things you can do:

When you try to scan, the computer or the printer is not found. One of the following communication or connection errors displays and the scan fails.

• An error occurred while communicating with the scanner

• Computer not found

• Cannot communicate with scanner

• No Computer Detected

• Scanner could not be initialized

• Scanner not found

• The HP imaging device was not found

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

To fix scan quality issues: Click here

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.