cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Photosmart 8700 series help install with Vista 64.

HP Recommended

Greetings,

I just purchased a new Pavilion 9400 with vista 64. I do a lot of photo editing and purchased a Photosmart 8750 a few years ago which I was using on my old computer with XP.  A few weeks ago, I installed this printer SUCCESSFULLY on my vista machine, however, now my computer will not print to the printer. 

In the device manager it says that the USB device is unknown.  I have restored my computer to a previous date.  Re-installed the software millions of times.  Been on the phone for a total of 5 and a half hours with HP, yet still no solution. My printer works fine with my xp computer so I know it is not the printer.  If someone could help me figure this out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 1
10 9 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
All I can tell you is that I have had the exact same issue with my HP m8530f which I purchased last summer and has a Vista 64 bit operating system in it.  If you ever figure it out, please, please let me know.  Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem I just got a new HP computer with Vista 64 now my Photosmart 8750 won't print borderless . HP support had me install driver for 8250 I never could get that to work it ran for hours trying to install driver .

I am mad I loved that printer and used it a bunch .

IT SEEMS TO ME HP SHOULD PROVIDE DRIVER UPDATE TO RESOLVE PRINTING PROBLEMS WITH VISTA X64 AND VARIOUS PHOTO PRINTER IT PRODUCED AND SOLD IN THE PAST ...THAT WOULD BE CUSTOMER SUPPORT.... SPENDING HOURS WITH A TECH. SUPPORT AND NO RESOLUTION DOESN'T GET IT !!

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I hear from my tech guy that HP has plain considered the Photosmart 8700 series dead and gone and not worth supporting.   This really burns my butt.  I am trying  to get it to work with my Windows 7 64 bit.  I can tell you that I can get the printer to work on the Windows 7 32 bit system in my other computer and the HP driver was loaded from my Windows 7 32 bit OS.  You might try upgrading your OS to a Windows 7 32 bit.   Worth a try.

Skirch5

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation