cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
2 0 0 1
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post

Photosmart 8750 & Windows 7 Pro 32 (borderless printing problem)

HP Recommended

Okay, everything was fine in XP then I switched to Windows 7....my bad.

I am running the driver that came with Windows 7 because HP has not provided an updated driver for this printer. Anyway, when I try to print borderless 13" by 19" prints it leaves a blank margin of approx. .1" on each end and approx. .2" on one side. It does work well with borderless 8.5" by 11". I have not tried printing any other sizes such as 11" by 17" so I do not know if that would work or not. Currently the printer is basically useless to me because my main use of it is to print borderless 13" by 19" prints. Any assistance in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Don

19 REPLIES 19
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem when I upgraded to Windows 7 after my system was hit with a virus last week.  When I called HP customer support over the weekend, they could not provide me with an answer because the printer was "outdated".  They suggested that perhaps the support forum would provide me with the answers.  They also suggested that I look into a newer comparable printer (Photosmart B8550) that is compatible with Windows 7. Although I'm looking into the B8550 simply because of ink costs (I do run out of ink often when printing multiple 13x19 posters and more than likely completely wasting a good portion of the 99 photo and 97 tri-color cartridges), I still find this "solution" to be unacceptable.  Fortunately, I still have some ink combo packs unopened that can be returned, so I could put that in on the printer.

Also, not only does the printing screw up on 13x19s, but even simple tasks such as printing on letter paper do the margins go off the paper (header on an invoice I printed does not appear).

0 Kudos
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UPDATE after stumbling on "page setup" and "print preview"....

I at least was able to print the letter invoice by simply moving the top margin down by 2" when printing from my web browser.

No such luck on printing the 13x19 borderless posters. I opened them in Photoshop and looked at the margins in the "print preview".  The position on margins read out like this (top -- 0.072", left -- 0.117") with the center image box checked. I unchecked it and tried moving the margins back as Don projected in the opening post.  It makes no difference, as the print still leaves the white border around the top and left sides, even after moving the margins.

I think I'll be starting my purchase on another printer ASAP. It appears HP is taking trade-in value on old printers when purchasing a new printer. Hopefully the 8750 qualifies.

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem except with VISTA.  When I bought the printer, I made sure it said, and still does, that VISTA is support.  But I cannot print pictures properly.  They are always a little skewed and never borderless.  It does work perfectly for my wife who is using XP on her computer, so I know the problem is not in the printer hardware but the VISTA software driver.

I contacted HP support but they told me they couldn't help because the printer is old.  I find this completely unacceptable because the printer advertised that is was supported under VISTA and it a professional printer, not a cheap or freeby.

This lack of proper support means I will never buy a profession printer from HP.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Man, I was hoping this wasn't going to be a problem, but it looks like I'm  not the only one dealing with this.

I JUST upgraded to Windows 7 myself today and came across the notice that HP doesn't have drivers for the Photosmart 8750 for Windows 7. Dang, HP!

Do they really take trade in offers on what they consider to be old printers? There is no way in heck I can afford a brand spanking new priofessional printer! And I need this thing for work!

~~Debra

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i fixed the problem by running the setup in XP mode.

try this, it worked for me.

Insert the driver disk for the 8750 but dont run the setup

go to Control  Panel

select Programs

select Run Programs Made for Previous Versions

a list will pop up, as well as a Program Compatibility Window

select Advanced in the Program Compatibility Window

another list will pop up, select the first entry "Not Listed"

you can now browse for the location of the Setup.exe file and the rest is straight forward

make sure you tell it to always run this program in XP Mode

hope this helps!

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This printer only seems to work with XP running the 32 bit version. I bought it back in 2005 because HP claimed it worked with XP 64 bit (it worked but only printed 8.5 x 11).  I contacted HP back in 2005 and their reply was they were working on a 64 bit driver. Three months later their reply was changed to "use the drivers for one of our other printers". That added 4x6 sized prints. With  Vista it never worked. Now with Windows 7 again we're back to only working with 8.5" x 11" prints.

I regret buying this HP printer. I'll never buy anything made by HP again.  I wish I had bought an Epson. Until I can purchase an Epson I'm stuck with a 13x19 printer that can only print 8.5x11. 

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HAS ANYONE HAD SUCCESS YET?  MY 8750 WORKED PERFECTLY WITH XP.  NEW COMPUTER PURCHASED WITH THE PROMISE THAT THE 8750 WAS COMPATIBLE WITH VISTA 64 BIT.  NEVER WAS.  SO WENT TO WINDOWS 7-64 BIT- IT GOT WORSE.  SO IF AN HP PERSON IS LOOKING IN ON THIS THREAD - PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HELP US.  WE HAVE BEEN VERY LOYAL AND SPENDING LOTS OF MONEY WITH HP - THIS ISSUE HAS GOT US LOOKING AT EPSON FOR THE FIRST TIME.  SOMEONE AT HP HAS THE ANSWER.  AND IF IT IS - IT WILL NEVER WORK, PLEASE ADVISE. 

NOTE:

WE HAVE THE B-9180 -- BUT THE 8750 HAS BEEN OUR WORKHORSE PLUS THE COLORS ARE MUCH MORE BRILLIANT AND WARMER FOR SOME NATURE AND PEOPLE PRINTS. 

IF ANYONE HAS MASTERED THIS PROBLEM, I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU. 

THANKS. 

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also having major problems with my Photosmart 8750.  like you I shall never ever buy HP again because of their appalling unhelpful attitude towards out of warranty equipment support.

I Use vista.  I can always print a4 pictures but when it comes to A3, its pot luck!  The printer computer spools the print job for the printer to start and then stop and delete the file in the printers folder. Occasionally it works but usually not.  HP list a critical fix under the driver support for this printer but it will not install saying it is not intended for this printer.  Tried everything,reinstalling driver, new USB cable etc but no joy.  Never, never HP again!

Lastly when I used an XP computer, printer worked well!

0 Kudos
3 2 0 0
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As stated earlier the problem is that HP does not update their print drivers with the newer updated operating systems. They will tell you to buy the latest printer instead of supplying a new print driver.

Like everybody else here Win7 with the HP 8750 printer has a driver problem where the scale and margin settings don’t correlate with your printouts. I lost so much time trying to compensate and wasted expensive ink and even more expensive paper. I was pretty mad trying to get this working reliably.

I was able to solve this and extend the life of the printer via the recommendation above. Not everybody will be able to do this because your system must have an XP emulator. This is built into Win7Pro OS.

So what I did was fire up the XP emulator on my Win7Pro system. All I had to do is reinstall Photoshop. The XP emulator is able to see the 8750 print driver from the emulator. So all you do is print from Photoshop from the emulator, it sees the 8750 printer sitting in Win7 and all the scale and margins will work out.

So the way I work is, I process my image via CS5 on Win7Pro and save the file. Then I change tabs to the emulator and re-read the image into CS2 from the XP emulator. From CS2 you now have access to the Print Preview option (which is gone from CS5) and all the margins and scaling works great as before.  Just make sure all your color profiles are correct in CS2. Don’t modify the image from the emulator as I don’t think the monitor calibration works from inside the emulator.

Bottom line is your hosed if you don’t have an XP emulator.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation