cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Photosmart 8750 ink carts & paper types

HP Recommended

I need to know the appropriate combination of ink cartridges to use for the best quality color photo printing. I also would like to know the best paper type to use for printing 12x12 photo-quality scrapbook pages. I could print on 13x19 and cut them to 12x12 if that's the best solution. I have done some research, including reading, calling for support, and an on-line chat support, but haven't been able to get the info I need. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
33,112 26,493 2,406 8,709
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are several combinations you could use:  in the "orange" slot you can use the 99 photo cartridge or the 101 blue cartrdige.  They are similar, both contain light magenta and light cyan for photo printing.  The 99 has photo black, the 101 has a deep blue which increases the gamut available.  The 97 color cartridge will be used in the "green" slot.  It has cyan, magenta and yellow inks.  In the "black" slot you can use the 96 black cartridge which has pigmented black ink (not used on glossy photo paper) or the 100/102 photo gray cartridges.  The 100/102 cartridges contain light gray, gray and photo black inks.  The quality for the 100 and 102 are the same, the 102 has more ink than the 100.

Given the above the "best" for photos would be the 101, 97 and 100/102 cartridges.  If you will be printing on matte paper and want crisp black text for captions the 101, 97 and 96 cartridges would be the best choice. 

I will leave the paper suggestions for others, that is not my area of expertise.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That was helpful thanks, I've been searching for the info all over this site.

What cartridges should I use for printing B&W photos on Glossy paper?

What carts should I use printing B&W photos on Matte paper?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation