Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (283 Views)

Photosmart C309A Disconnected Error Message

Alla sudden, this thing has decided it is disconnected. I have changed NOTHING on my PC. It is connected with a USB cable. Worked fine for the two months that I have owned it. Now it won't work. I am running Windows XP.  I tried shutting down and restarting. Didn't help.  Tried calling Customer Support but was told it is not under warranty. I am not happy with this printer! HP, are you listening?

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 3 (267 Views)

Re: Photosmart C309A Disconnected Error Message

[ Edited ]

You can check a few things.

1. If the printer is in offline mode, set it to online and retry  [Go to Printers and Faxes, if your printer is gray, right click on your printer and click use printer online].

2. Replace the USB cable and retry.

3. Use a different USB slot and retry.

Also, here is a link to troubleshooting USB Connection issues that you can try:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph05956

I work for HP.

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (257 Views)

Re: Photosmart C309A Disconnected Error Message

Appreciate the quick response and sorry to be so testy, but I am very frustrated iwth this printer. Today, it worked once -- printed one page -- then it stopped again and gave me the disconnected message. What is going on? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation