cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
LefCoasDave Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Photosmart C310 paper won't feed

Printer suddenly will not feed paper. It consistently makes a noise of the feeder rollers turning, then gives the "Out of paper. Load pages into main tray" alert.

There appears to be a spring loaded, drop-down device on the right side of the tray slot with rollers that should engage the paper to get it started. When I try to print, it looks/sounds like the feed rollers are not picking up the paper. 

I am suspicious of the Staples Multipurpose paper I am using, which they claim is good for both printers and copiers. It is possible that my attempt to print last night was the first time this paper (and not the previous lot) actually made it to the top of the pile in the feed tray.

I have tried different amounts of paper in the feed tray. I have removed all the paper and replaced some of it, including adjusting the left side of the tray to make sure the paper was correctly aligned.

I tried HP Guided Solutions first. I turned printer off and on. I rebooted the computer. I removed and replaced the dual-sided device. I cleaned the feeder wheels with distilled water and a clean lint-free cloth. None of these things made a difference.

After doing all that, I tried to print by putting a few sheets of some other paper on the top of the feed tray. Same result.

Model: CN503A

SW version: 140.000.000.000

Firmware version: TPI2CN1038BR

Are you aware of any similar feed problems with this printer?

Any ideas of what to try next?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
5,089 4,829 401 689
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Photosmart C310 paper won't feed

Hi, @LefCoasDave,

I understand that your Photosmart C310a is not picking up paper. I can certainly assist you with that.

It sounds like you've already performed most of the steps outlined in this document, so there are two things left to try.

Hard Reset

1.  While the printer is turned on remove the power cord from the printer.
  2. Wait one minute.
  3. Plug the power cord back in.
  4. Try printing again.

If this does not work then the last thing we can try is a factory reset on the printer. I will be sending you a private message with the instructions on how to do that shortly.

If this does not solve your issue then you will need to contact HP Support for assistance.

Let me know if this solves your issue. If it does then please let other users know by clicking on Accept Solution.

If you do have any other questions please let me know by replying in this thread so that other users can follow your troubleshooting.

I hope this works and I hope you have a great day!

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation