Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C4585

I hope someone can help.

I have never had a problem with the printer until today.  When I got to the print screen and go to pick the paper and options the boxes are blank.  

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice now and the problem still keep happening.  Is there a fix for this?  I have added a immage for you to see the problem.

Thanks in advance

Donna

hp.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Donna_B, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand when you try to print from your printer the print options are blank.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

What is the operating system you are running on your PC?

As you mentioned you have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers but still the issue persists.

Please uninstall the printer software from your PC and install the built-in drivers and check if it helps.

1. Navigate to Start >Type Devices and Printers in the Search > Select it from the results

2. Highlight your printer object and Right Click

3. Choose Remove Device

4. Highlight something else from the list

5. Click the Print Server Properties button from the toolbar

6. Select the Drivers Tab

7. Highlight the appropriate print driver

8. Click Remove

9. Check the Remove Driver and Driver Package option when prompted

10. Click OK

Please refer this article to know how install windows built in drivers.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks @MrRobot for the reply.

We have not made any changes and are running Windows 10.

I have gone through your steps and installed the windows drivers.

I can print photo's through the Windows Photo App, but to print from the Windows Photo Viewer or Paint the drop down boxes are still blank.  Is there a fix for the photo viewer ond paint?  

Thanks for your help so far, at least I can print again.

Thanks

Donna

HP Recommended

Hi! @Donna_B, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 
Click on print server properties. 
You will get a popup, click on the driver's tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
Restart the PC.
Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 
Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
Restart the PC again. 
Create a new user account on your PC with administrator rights and install the printer software.

Please update the printer software using this link.

Let me know if this helps!

Happy weekend ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.