Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (3,169 Views)

Photosmart C4795 Will Not Scan to Computer.

Hello, I am having an annoying problem, I am hoping to get some help with it.

i have a Photosmart Printer - C4795 and for the life of me I cannot get it to scan to either of my computers. It does absolutely nothing when I used the controls and tell it to scan to the Laptop Wirelessly. The printer is connected via USB to the Desktop computer and Should i used the Printer controls to tell to scan to the Desktop, I have the same problem. The printer will not scan.

If I use the commands in the computer (clicking the scan Icons) there is no response

The error message I get when i use the On printer buttons is (Scan Error Try Scan From Computer or Use Documentation)

Nothing happens when Scan from computer.

My work around is to scan to a SD Memory Card and use the availabel card reader to save the scan. but It is annoying - mostly becaue the first few times i try to scan using the card, i get a "unlock Card" error message - even though the card is not locked.however, after a couple of tries, this problem is resolved.

What am i doing wrong?

My laptop is Windows 7 Home Ed.

My desktop is Windows XP SP III

Yes this problem persists after a fresh install of the printer drivers etc. AND persists even after a Fresh XP install

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 3 (2,661 Views)

Re: Photosmart C4795 Will Not Scan to Computer.

I need to know how to get my printer to scan papers to my computer and then send the scanned copies to an email address. I keep getting a scan error when I try to scan them to my computer. Thank you

Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,822 Views)

Re: Photosmart C4795 Will Not Scan to Computer.

please help i have wireless hp photosmart c4795 i am tring to scan into my pc keeping getting error message

it does print from my pc

makes copy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation