Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (3,218 Views)

Photosmart C6280 Wireless Printing setup on a new Windows 7 - 32 bit machine..

I am able to print wireless with Windows XP machines in my home office on the Photosmart C6280 all-in-one printer.  I have installed all of the Windows 7 - 32 bit drivers from hp.com.  I have connected the printer and printed successfully through a USB cable with my new machine.  I am able to see the wireless printer that I would like to select.  However, I am unable to connect to it and print with like I was when it was USB connected.

I receive the following message when trying to select the printer I would like to select ....

"Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied."

Any thoughts or suggestions ??

Provost
Message 2 of 3 (3,200 Views)

Re: Photosmart C6280 Wireless Printing setup on a new Windows 7 - 32 bit machine..

Have you disabled all firewalls?

Also, to what is the printer connected?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Student
Message 3 of 3 (3,109 Views)

Re: Photosmart C6280 Wireless Printing setup on a new Windows 7 - 32 bit machine..

I have a notebook with Windows 7 and have successfully installed this printer via USB.

I also wish to use it wirelessly as I did with Vista and have gone to Devices nad Printers in the Control Panel to Add the printer wirelessly,

It finds the printer at 192.168.1.2 and installs ok.

When I ping 192.168.1.2 it replies ok

However, when I send a print to it wirelessly it keep giving me an error.

I tried turning off the firewall to no effect.

When I go into the Printer Properties it shows the port as being 192.168.1.2 and is set to Raw.

Please advise what is wrong here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation