cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KeesW
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Photosmart C7200 driver for Mac OSX Lion

HP Recommended

Is a driver available for my network printer? My network has 2 Windows computers and one Mac. The Windows computers are connected with the Photosmart printer, but the printer is not found by the Mac. I presume I need a driver for the Mac, but I didn't find a driver for Mac OSX Lion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bassergitz
Level 7
861 849 46 148
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

reset the printing system:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax or Print & Scan

- Press & hold down  (control key on keyboard) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.

WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!

- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

download this patch from apple:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
bassergitz
Level 7
861 849 46 148
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You will experience the best performance and functionality if you download the latest HP software from

Apple Software Updates . ..to get the updates,click on apple icon,click on software updates.

Follow these steps to add or create a new printer queue.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the HP product.

2. Connect the HP product to the computer with the USB cable or through your Ethernet (wired) or

wireless network, depending on your connection type.

NOTE: Wireless printers must be connected to the network first. Add your HP product to

your wireless network from the product control panel. Apple Software Update does not

provide an installer flow through the setup and install process.

3. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences . The System Preferences

window opens.

4. Click Print & Scan . The Print & Scan window opens.

5. Click Add Printer , and then click the name of your HP product.

6. The HP product name displays at the bottom of the pane and in the Print Using box. A 'The

selected printer software is available from Apple. Click Add to

download and add this printer ' message should display.

7. Click Add to start the download and setup, and to automatically create the HP printer queue.

NOTE: If your product supports scanning, you can use the Preview or the Image Capture

application to scan.

Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
KeesW
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your solution didn't work. No printer is found. I cannot get an Appl;e Software Update, it claims that it is up to date. I downloaded a printer driver for the Photosmart C7200 series from HP, which is meant for OSX 6, but that one doesn't install. I also tried a direct USB-connection between printer and Mac, but still the printer is not visible for the computer.

bassergitz
Level 7
861 849 46 148
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

reset the printing system:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax or Print & Scan

- Press & hold down  (control key on keyboard) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.

WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!

- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

download this patch from apple:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

View solution in original post

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation