Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (1,456 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart C7250: replaced ink cartridge, still will not print..

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Photosmart C7250 All-in-One
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I replaced the Magenta Ink Cartrige with a new HP cartridge as directed by ink status messages. Now when I attempt to print a document,   I continually get an error message that says to replace the empty cartridge, or to choose grey scale printing, and if the cartridge is not replaced soon, all printing will stop..  The message offers two options to choose from, "BLACK ONLY", or "CANCEL".  However, it will not  print in black or grey scale either. 

The ink status shows that the magenta cartridge is full, and in fact, when I replaced the cartridge, I got a confirmation message that the ink cartridge had been replaced with a genuine HP ink cartridge. 

I have restarted the printer several times, including unplugging the power and data cables, restarted my computer several times, cleared any documents from the printer queue, checked the status of the printer:  it says "printer ready" and, PRINTED a diagnostic test page (using the printer control panel) which printed out clean and sharp in full brilliant color, filling large boxes with copious quantities of costly ink. Including magenta.  I am unable to print a document from my computer however, I continue to get the error message.  I have read through the printer help and troubleshooting files, it does not address this issue. I have checked to see that I have the latest software update installed, I do. 

UPDATE:  After continuing to try various diagnostic measures from the printer control panel and on screen, I was able to print two more test pages, the first, from the printer menu,  was alphabet fonts and small colored boxes, the second, a test to see if the computer could send a file to the printer, was a photo of two pears which printed  after  I received the "empty Ink Cartridge" message again and selected "BLACK ONLY"..  It printed in full color.  I then tried to print my original document, received the error message again, selected "Black only" again, and it printed my color document.  In color. Progress I suppose, but still frustrating to continue getting the erroneous error message..  

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Photosmart C7250: replaced ink cartridge, still will not print..

Hi @DigitalServices,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you cannot print with your HP Photosmart c7250 on Windows 7. I am happy to help!

Are all ink cartridges Genuine HP Ink Cartridges? Or are some refills?

Are any of your ink cartridges low or empty?

To check the ink levels:

1. On the printer control panel, press the Setup button.
  2. Press the Down Arrow button until Tools is selected.
  3. Press OK.
  4. When the Display Ink Gauge option displays, press OK. The ink gauge displays. Figure : The ink gauge

Image: Example of the ink gauge.

In the meantime, please try the HP Print and Scan Doctor, and let me know what happens!

Hope to hear from you soon!

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

View solution in context
Retired
Message 2 of 5 (1,433 Views)

Hi @DigitalServices,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you cannot print with your HP Photosmart c7250 on Windows 7. I am happy to help!

Are all ink cartridges Genuine HP Ink Cartridges? Or are some refills?

Are any of your ink cartridges low or empty?

To check the ink levels:

1. On the printer control panel, press the Setup button.
  2. Press the Down Arrow button until Tools is selected.
  3. Press OK.
  4. When the Display Ink Gauge option displays, press OK. The ink gauge displays. Figure : The ink gauge

Image: Example of the ink gauge.

In the meantime, please try the HP Print and Scan Doctor, and let me know what happens!

Hope to hear from you soon!

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (1,422 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks RnRMusicMan!

Two of my color cartridges are new and full. Some of my color ink cartriges are low-ish, the lowest one (light blue) is about 1/3 full showing on the ink status gauge.  The error message specifically says the Magenta cartridge is empty.

I downloaded the Print and Scan Doctor from the link you provided, ran the diagnostic tool, and it reported the printer is functioning correctly and ready.  I then printed a test page from the Print and Scan Doctor menu, and I did not get any error message this time, the printer just started printing, and the page printed perfectly. Yay! 

I then went into my graphics software, whipped up my own color test-print page and sent it to the printer..  Again, no error message, page printed perfectly. 

Thank you for your attention to my little dilema!  Problem solved :smileyvery-happy:

Retired
Message 4 of 5 (1,415 Views)

Hi DigitalServices,

Thank you for your reply! I am glad your issue is resolved!

Please consider unmarking your post as the accepted solution, and mark mine as the accepted solution, this way anyone else that sees this thread can find the answer more easily.

Have a great day!

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (1,401 Views)

Ok, Done! Sorry for my button pushing confusion.. Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation