Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (709 Views)

Photosmart C8180 Power On/Off Itself

The printer started turning itself on when everything was off, and putting on quite a light show. I unplugged it at both ends several times, waited several minutes and then it went through many gyrations of on/off, an error message BA07AF30 or similar sometimes appeared.  I finally got it to going after removing/resinstalling all the print cartridges; then, in the middle of a printing a page the power turned off/on.  What should I try to get it working normally again?

Top Student
Message 2 of 2 (388 Views)

Re: Photosmart C8180 Power On/Off Itself

Throw it in the river and purchase a different brand.  I have the same problem with 3 of them.  I spent an hour on the phone and paid for nothing.  The tech people just down a check list and did the same thing I did before calling tech support.  I purchased 4 of them about 15 months ago and within the last three weeks 3 of them will not shut off, they just turn on and off and on and off and never stop..............great product until warranty ran out.........Canon here I come...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation