Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 3 (1,328 Views)

Photosmart D6160 - unable to access ink levels indicator

Hi

I have a D6160 which for a while has refused to let me check the ink levels. Today I have reinstalled all the software, but it still won't! The error message is

"The computer is unable to establish two-way communication with the device"

I am running windows xp with all updates, it is not the default printer and I accepted all the options when reinstalling

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 3 (1,218 Views)

Re: D6160 - unable to access ink levels indicator or establish two-way communication with the device

I  guess I must be the only person in the world with this problem.

Smiley Sad

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,171 Views)

Re: Photosmart D6160 - unable to access ink levels indicator

If you are using windows 7 then it wont work, there is no software from HP for this printer to work in windows 7 I have the same problem but could not even use the disk provided - I have been in contact with HP support and have had replies but they say there is no software for this printer to work with Windows 7 PAIN :-{

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation