Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 10 (3,135 Views)

Photosmart Plus B209a-m troubleshoot

[ Edited ]

So I keep on trying to reconnect my wireless printer back to my laptop. But apparently it's saying that my computer and the printer are on two different networks.

We have a router, but that's about it. I'm not very computer savvy so I really need more of step by step things.

I had managed to connect the printer once before, but for some reason it disconnected itself so I uninstalled and tried to install it again and it keeps on telling me the same thing. So yeah. Help would be appreciated.

oh I'm running Windows 7

and the Routher is a Linksys by Cisco.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 10 (3,080 Views)

Re: Photosmart Plus B209a-m troubleshoot

Do you indeed have two routers? Perhaps you have your Linksys as well as a router/modem from your ISP?

The other explanation is that you or your printer is connected to a neighbor's router (that does not have a password, so your computer or printer just jumps on it).  It is more likely that your computer is on a neighbor's router.

Is your network name (SSID) something unique or did you leave it as "Linksys"?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Top Student
Message 3 of 10 (3,077 Views)

The router that we have is from the ISP, since our modem doesn't have wireless, it needs to be attached to the router for there to be wifi in the house.  The Network ID is unique, and it's the only one around the neighborhood with that name. So I'm not really sure why it's saying it's connected to two different networks.

Retired
Message 4 of 10 (3,067 Views)

OK, here are two things to check:

1. What is the brand/model of your modem?

2. Check to see which network your computer is attached - go to Control Panel > Network & Sharing Center.  Is it your network?

I am employed by HP

Top Student
Message 5 of 10 (3,059 Views)

The modem is a Siemens Gigaset SE6657

and yes it is connected to the same network

Retired
Message 6 of 10 (3,052 Views)

OK, I assume that both your PC and the printer are attached wirelessly?

If so, there may be a setting in the router we need to change.

Can you get into your router to change its settings?  If it is a standard Linksys this is how:

- Using a web browser, type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar (where the current web page is listed: http://www......)

- If it asks for a login and password, the login is left blank and the password is 'admin'

- When you get into the router settings page go to the Wireless tab, then Advanced Wireless Settings

- Make sure that AP Isolation mode is Disabled.

AP Isolation does not allow wireless devices to access each other (like two PC's or a PC and a printer).

kb17335-001_en.png

I am employed by HP

Top Student
Message 7 of 10 (3,050 Views)

I typed that in but it says that there is a problem connecting to the page.

Retired
Message 8 of 10 (3,040 Views)

OK, did the router come with a CD?  Can you disable your security system's firewall?

I am employed by HP

Top Student
Message 9 of 10 (3,027 Views)

No the router didn't come with a CD and I can only disable my own firewall for about fifteen minutes

Retired
Message 10 of 10 (3,022 Views)

If your router is supplied by your ISP, can you contact them to have you change the settings?

You may also have more luck by plugging your PC directly into the back of your router with an Ethernet cable.

I am employed by HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation