Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Carman208 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Photosmart Premium 309g-m Fatal Error During Update

I have had a Photosmart premium 309g-m printer for a few years that I use with my Windows 7 32-bit OS and have previously had no problems. I installed a software update for HP and the printer earlier today and whenever it reaches the final step i get an error message. It says "Fatal Error "-error" "-wStub" "590742" The installer then proceeds to try and uninstall the printing software. I have let it go through this process (including restarting the computer) and then attempting to reinstall the software from the site. But now when i open up the HP Solution Center it shows that i have 2 printers of the same name, and it is still repeatedly trying to install the update with the same results. If anyone had had this problem and/or knows how to fix it I would greatly appreciate some help.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
12149 966 2917
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Carman208,

Try using the scrubber built into the CD or Download.

From Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads​.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-73652-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads​.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-73652-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Annoyed25 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I get all the way to the last step. The software downloads and extracts and then NOTHING happens. I have done this multiple times now and am very frustrated. Please help.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8276 378 833
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Annoyed25, and welcome to the HP Forums.

I would recommend following the steps in this thread on A problem installing driver windows 7  by @SuperMario1 .

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation