cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CaroE
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Photosmart c410 ePrint stopped working - Server Connection Error

HP Recommended

I too have been having problems with the eprint function, which was great whenn I needed to print forms for schools and clubs from my ipad without having to switch on the laptop.  However this no loonger works and I have worked through everything I can find on the forums.  I am now stuck because everything gets to the point of re-enabling web services and using the printer email address - but I can't reenable web services becasue the printer won't connect to the server.  I have switched web services off, left it and switched it back on, have made sure I have up to date software and have done a factor reset on the printer.  All this has done has left the eprint menu with all options greyed out except enable webservices and that will not work.  I have a Photosmart all-in-one C410 which is NOT listed as being one of the printers that has had eprint disabled but now I am wondering whether in fact it has.  How do I get around this?  I have tried printing by mailing the @hpeprint.com mail address but that just says the printer is off-line when I know it is not.  However, I guess I may hae lost that particular mail acocunt if I did a rest?    so 1. is the printer still eprint enabled and 2.  if so, how on earth do i get it set uyp again?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,608
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @CaroE - Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

Going through your post, I understand that you are unable to access the ePrint feature on your Photosmart C410 printer. And yes, you are right, this printer is not included in the list of the printers which retired the web-services as per this update: http://hp.care/2py2ZEb

I would suggest you assign a public DNS and check. Here are the steps:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Now, try to disable and enable the web-services and check. Also, see if the printer is updating the firmware:

- press Configuration (wrench icon button)

- select Preferences

- select Product Updates

- accept the update; you will see:

• "Please wait"
  • "Updating..." (a LED started flashing above the card reader)
  • the printer restarts.

That should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation