cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nickjnford
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Photosmart e-All-in-One scanner not working with Mavericks

HP Recommended

Since getting my Mac Mini in April 2013 I was unable to scan wirelessly from my HP Photosmart e-All-in-One B110a, then on December 24 2013 HP Printer Software Update version 2.16.1 arrived and, after installing it, I was able to scan for the very first time (Mac OS X version 10.9.1) - Hooray! Today I started my long-awaited scanning task which went well until suddenly an error occurred and the link was dropped - Boo! I restarted the Mac and the printer/scanner but still no connection. I deleted the printer/scanner and re-installed it but now the Printers & Scanners dialog is only offering printing - Boo Hoo! Is there a solution for this or do I have to wait x months for another driver update?

Nick

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
venny
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Suggest you try to scan using the Mac application "Image Capture". I found this succesful on another model HP all in one printer with OS 10.9.1

venny

0 Kudos
nickjnford
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for the suggestion but Image Capture just gives me a blank window with the message 'No camera or scanner connected' - I seem to recall this being just the same when I first tried to scan after getting my Mac.
0 Kudos
venny
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I appreciate your acknowledgement & sorry to learn that the app image capture did not function. I will make another suggestion if not already taken. The Apple Community board very helpful. I found it to be better than The HP support forum. Perhaps you should ask about both subjects - image capture & printer not scanning with OS 10.9.

Good luck

venny

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation