Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 1 (324 Views)

Photosmart using too much ink , out of warrenty.

After getting a new HP Photosmart B109n in January 2010 which came with set-up ink in the purchase , i used it without too much thought on how much it used. When it ran out i ordered new (genuine) cartridges from an online company. After using it for a while the "low ink level" came up and i blamed my daughter for printing at too high quality. She was adament this wasnt the case so i orderd from the same company and decided to keep a record of quality and usage for my own peace of mind.

I just got the "ink levels low" warning after only 7 uses  !    Here is the record i kept -

1/2 - A4 Top Quality colour
1/4 - A4 Economy colour
1/6  - A4 Normal colour
full  - A4 Economy colour
full  - A4 Normal colour
full  - A4 Top Quality black text
1/2  - A4 Normal black text

This cant be right ? I contacted the company , and they admit that there seems to be something wrong and to contact HP as the cartridges are genuine.

Unfortunatly my warrenty ran out January 2011 , so (as anyone thats tried to contact HP will know) i dont know what to do !

I must have only used the printer 30 times , and went through 2 sets of cartridges (not counting the set-up ones) As you can tell i dont use it much , but allough the warenty has expired , its only be used very little.

Any advice is welcome , thanks !

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation