cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FF3 Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pick-up rollers not turning to pickup paper

HP M475dn LaserJet Pro 400
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP M475dn LaserJet Pro 400 that I am working on. The problem is it will not pickup any paper manual tray 1 or tray 2 . As I tell the printer to print or copy, even print a config sheet, the neither of the pick-up rollers move at all. I can hear a slight clicking noise as if it may be a solenoid or something but it it very faint. I have opened the back cover and looking at the ITB, I can see the image of the config sheet on it, where it was waiting to be applied to the paper if there was some.

How does the rotary motion get developed to turn the pick-up rollers, and where does that motion originate from? What does it travel through to get to the pick-up rollers. I have looked in the service manual for this printer and it basically said to remove any jammed sheets - there are none, load the tray with the correct sized paper - 8.5x11, check the guides are adjusted properly for the sized paper being used - did that, check the control panel for messages - none other than when I try to print from either tray and the paper is not picked up - I get a paper jam message for whatever tray is being used. The device has not seen a lot of usage with only 7932 impressions done on it.

[UPDATE] Still have the problem but added information. The rollers in the output bin appear to rotate as normal during the print process. It sounds like other rollers in the paper path may be rotating as well. It appears that only the pickup rollers do not rotate to pick up the paper.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
FF3 Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pick-up rollers not turning to pickup paper

When I added a supplemental tray 3 paper tray to the printer, it would not feed at all either from that tray and would indicate jame after trying to feed a page. So it seems to be whatever it is, is common with all 3 paper trays. The service manual does not list the scenario of what to do if the pick-up roller does not rotate. where does one start with this?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation