cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
enlists
2 1 0 0
Message 11 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Fairdinkum wrote:

Having this annoying program constantly appearing on my screen is maddening!

I have jumped through the hoops and tried uninstalling it (via its uninstall program, Add/Remove Programs....) but it won't allow that.

I get Error 1706 and sometimes this:  File 'C:Documents' can not (sic) be found.......

I have uninstalled the "complete" OfficeJet Pro K8600dn installation...............except the darned HP Smart Web Printing program.

It won't let me get rid of it.

Now what?

0 Kudos
Blinked
2 2 0 0
Message 12 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NOTHING WORKS! Smart Web Printing stays, and keeps popping up!

1. After a 'Restore' yesterday, I constantly get pop-ups for 'SWP' asking me for a disk I do not have.

2. No, it will not 'uninstall' from the Control Panel. Nada, zip, just sits there.

3. I have XP ... and my IE is 8 ... I most use GoogleChrome - hate IE, too slow, etc.

4. I NEVER PRINT FROM THIS COMPUTER  - - - e-v-e-r! I no longer need ANY printer software on this computer!

5. I tried downloading: revouninstall ... and that DID NOT WORK EITHER!

0 Kudos
Julius_Arcipe
Level 3
30 30 3 4
Message 13 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
irenedaly
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please help me uninstall/destroy Smart Web Printing that appears on the screen several times and is not requested.

0 Kudos
Teleport40
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Irenedaly,

Try this link to download the Windows cleanup utility.

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Windows-Installer-CleanUp-Utility-Download-18442.html

Run the Windows cleanup utility.

Ü For WINDOWS XP : Click on Start->All Programs->Windows Clean Utility

-Look for HP Smart Web Printing and REMOVE it

Ü For WINDOWS VISTA or WINDOWS 7: Click Start->Click the "Start Search"-> Type the word "install" and click Windows Clean Utility

-Look for HP Smart Web Printing and REMOVE it

*Note: For Windows Vista/7, you might be getting some error messages after closing the Windows Clean Utility. Don't worry about it as long we remove the Smart Web Printing.

Thanks Julius Arcipe.

0 Kudos
manager22
1 1 0 0
Message 16 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please help sort out this problem

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation