cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Poor customer service

I purchased a HP OfficeJet 6500 (all-in-one) device 2 years back.

Within 2 months after purchase, my power adapter failed. After 2 working days of "technical support" to diagnose the problem, they finally admitted that the power adapter was faulty and I needed a warranty replacement. Thereafter, I waited for another week of "NO UPDATES" from HP despite several calls from me to check the status of the replacement. All I was told was that the service arm will contact me about the replacement. After loosing my patience, I escalated it to a personal friend higher up in HP, and the matter was resolved within the next working day.

Now, after 2 years of use, another problem popped up with the device. After replacing the printer cartridge, the device fails to detect the printer head. That was on last Saturday (12,11,11). After another long "Phone diagnosing" process with HP, they asked me to perform another troubleshooting test to confirm that the problem is with the printer head, I did that last night and called in this morning to report the test result. I am now asked again to wait for the service arm dept to call me. When I ask when to expect the call, I am given some vague, non-definitive response of maybe within 24 hrs or maybe longer. I have already loss the use of my printer for the past 3 days, and now am asked to wait indefinitely for a phone call that may or may not come.

I am beginning to think that I will have to trouble my  friend again to resolve this matter as I do not wish to wait another 7 days for the resolution. Why does it have to come to this? 2 for 2, the service level of HP has been below my expectation of such a large reputable company. I will definite reconsider other options when I need to purchase another printer.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 3
63 11 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Poor customer service

Hi

I'm having the same problem with Customer Service (UK) which I believe is non existent.

My 8500 "all in one" failed within 15 months of purchase, with the "print cartridge error".

I have since established that this is a common fault and that this model (A909G) has been discontinued.

I have escalated the issue to the CEO, Meg Whitman, who has been ignoring me for the last two months.

HP are having serious product quality issues and if I had my way, their products would be banned until this is resolved.

I have been using their "all in one" printers since they were first introduced and this is the only time that I have ever had an issue.

However, it would appear that they are now utilising cheap Malaysian labour and inferior parts.

HP are not the company that they once were and in my humble opinion, deserve to go out of business.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 11
8,714 7,796 283 648
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Poor customer service

Hi Quesada

Does the error persist even when the cartridge is replaced? Any change when the printer is reset? Some more detail in the link below.....

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02603397

Have you already contacted HP support about this? If so did you get a Case Id reference number (typically begins with an '8')

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
8,714 7,796 283 648
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Poor customer service

@SiowCS wrote:

I purchased a HP OfficeJet 6500 (all-in-one) device 2 years back.

Within 2 months after purchase, my power adapter failed. After 2 working days of "technical support" to diagnose the problem, they finally admitted that the power adapter was faulty and I needed a warranty replacement. Thereafter, I waited for another week of "NO UPDATES" from HP despite several calls from me to check the status of the replacement. All I was told was that the service arm will contact me about the replacement. After loosing my patience, I escalated it to a personal friend higher up in HP, and the matter was resolved within the next working day.

Now, after 2 years of use, another problem popped up with the device. After replacing the printer cartridge, the device fails to detect the printer head. That was on last Saturday (12,11,11). After another long "Phone diagnosing" process with HP, they asked me to perform another troubleshooting test to confirm that the problem is with the printer head, I did that last night and called in this morning to report the test result. I am now asked again to wait for the service arm dept to call me. When I ask when to expect the call, I am given some vague, non-definitive response of maybe within 24 hrs or maybe longer. I have already loss the use of my printer for the past 3 days, and now am asked to wait indefinitely for a phone call that may or may not come.

I am beginning to think that I will have to trouble my  friend again to resolve this matter as I do not wish to wait another 7 days for the resolution. Why does it have to come to this? 2 for 2, the service level of HP has been below my expectation of such a large reputable company. I will definite reconsider other options when I need to purchase another printer.

Hi SiowCS, I'd like to help follow up if I can. What region are you based in? (US? Europe?) Did you get a case id number when you contacted phone support?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation