Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (1,402 Views)

Poor printing quality on my Laser Jet Pro CM1415fnw color MFP

Thankfully only the printing is not functioning, but the scan and fax work perfectly.   I figured it would be easiest for me to scan the actual problem.  I performed every diagnostic on the list in order to try and fix it, and every error fixing method on the FAQ self help page.  Nothing has helped in the slightest but at least the printing problem is constant which is a good sign that it may be fixable.  Each time I tried a diagnostic or fix I would print out another picture of these once succulent tomatoes, however as you can see in the picture they are no longer.  Has anyone ever heard of this problem before?  I have hit a wall. 

Succulent tomatoes

Succulent tomatoestomato-eba627c31923bfa327b8b4d366bf2c876fe1d6b0-s6-c30.jpg

Non succulent

Above are the pictures of my problem. 

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (1,380 Views)

Re: Poor printing quality on my Laser Jet Pro CM1415fnw color MFP

[ Edited ]

Hi Chris, 

What is the specifications on the paper you are using to print this picture? 

Are you using OEM or Remanufactured cartridges in the printer?

Follow the steps in the document below, and let me know what you find out?

Resolving Print Quality Issues

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (1,376 Views)

The paper that I am using is Xerox 8.5 x 11 found in this link: Costco Link

I am using HP cartridges, the black has near half capacity and the three color ones are brand new with around 150 pages printed each.  I do not use remanufactured products.

I did try everything in that document and to no avail.  The printing is consistent and I will link another page that I just printed to show you again in more detail.  My HP Envy 100 prints perfectly fine, this is the only thing I am having a time with.

Scan

I am at a standstill!

Thanks,

Chris

Provost
Message 4 of 5 (1,363 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the update. From what I can see on the pages you have attached it appears that the toner is not adhering to the paper. This is a hardware related issue, and could be several possible causes to this issue. There is a way for us to determine where in the printing process this issue happens. I would like for you to run a half page print test which will help determine the phase of printing which is causing the issue. What you need to do is send a print job to the printer, and then open the printer toner door right before the print job gets feed into the fuser unit to bond the toner to the page. This will cause the printer to show a paper jam, but what I need you to do is remove the paper very carefully from the printer paper path and do not touch where the toner is on the paper. The toner will come off on your hands if you touch it so make sure if you happen to get toner on your hands wash them with Cold water and soap.

What I need to know about this half test page is does it look normal or faded like your attached pictures?

If it looks ok then there most likely an issue with the fuser unit on this printer which is not bonding the toner to the page. If it still looks faded then you most likely have an issue with the one of the following items below.

Toner cartridges

Transfer roller or belt

Laser scanner, this supplies the charge to the drum of the cartridge to build the image.

Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
Message 5 of 5 (845 Views)

I'm having this same issue - can you assist?

I think I may have touched the roller at the back of the printer removing a jam with card stock.

Thanks,

RT

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation