cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
port61 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pop ups when I'm on line, when my fax is shut down, it tells me to check my iaddress.

Has antone had this problem? You keep getting pop-ups on your monitor that says your fax is not connected or you need to update your IP address, and you know that your fas is off line. I mean, like you shut it off. Is there a way to turn off those pop-ups? They are very annoying when trying to do other work. I hope someone has a solution, thanks. You can reach me at [edited by Moderator]

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,420 17,221 898 2,528
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pop ups when I'm on line, when my fax is shut down, it tells me to check my iaddress.

Hi port61,

I have found another forum post with instructions to change the notification settings. This post was for somebody with Windows 7 and wanted to stop ink notifications, but I believe this wills top the pop ups you are getting as well. > How to disable notifications.

I hope this helps. If you require additional assistance please let me know, thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Retired george-p
Retired
15,311 9,281 121 368
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @port61 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information such as the email address in your Post. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation