Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (389 Views)

Portable wireless printing

Has anyone found a reasonably small portable wireless printer that will print from an IPAD? I travel a lot and need something that I can pack in luggage (weight restricted) that will print from my IPAD? It needs to print standard paper, but not necessarily color.             Sharon

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 6 (382 Views)

Re: Portable wireless printing

Hi,

Probably your printer uses Bluetooth and at this stage iPad does not support printing using Bluetooth. What is your printer ? Does it support WiFi ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (367 Views)

That's the problem, I don't have a printer - because I need something quite portable that I can pack in a suitcase or carryon that will work with m IPAD, and there isn't one.  I was hoping someone had discovered something.

Provost
Message 4 of 6 (362 Views)

Have you tried searching the web?

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aportable%20mobile%20printers

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I used to work for HP but I saw the light and retired!

Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Hint: There is a 97.2% (and increasing) chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual or on your printers HP Support Page. Remember, Google is your friend.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (352 Views)

Yes, I did check the internet, but what I have seen are either too big or don't work with the iPAD.  Maybe Apple will come

up with something.  I guess I could try to send my notes to computer, then print them from there. But, that's the reason I carry my iPAD. Do you know if it would work with the new Google computer?

Honor Student
Message 6 of 6 (332 Views)

Yes, I checked Amazon, and other web sources. They do have a wireless, portable printer, but it doesn't work with the IPAD. Which I guess is Apple's fault.  But, that's what I'm looking for.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation