Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am starting to get really pi***ed about this printer now...

After all the trouble and a few month with more or less OK printing I had to change tubes as they were dried in after a holliday, no chance to get them working again...

Now I have changed them an the last 3 hours I am trying to get the f****ing ink tube prime to work....

I got an Handbook that says:

How to Access Restricted Access Utilities
Some of the Service Utilities are restricted to hp qualified personnel only. To
access these restricted service utilities, while the printer is switched OFF,
press both the resume and power buttons together until the Tool icon
appears on the front panel

Afterwords:

1 Hold the power button down and press the cancel button three times and
the resume button three times.
2 Switch Off the printer and then On again in order to start the priming of the
Ink Supply Tubes.

If I press resume and power buttons together nothing happens. If I press start alone and while booting the resume and power buttons together I am sometimes lucky to get to the RA-mode, but I can not set any flags there, there is only beeping, if I press Power and an other button, no flags, no priming....

So how is the correct way to get this crappy printer primed? I knew I had it going about a year ago, but also know it was a hard journey that time too and I was more or less lucky at some random stuff I made with it...

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi,

Go ahead and follow this instructions

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay?docId=c01676718&ac.adm...

Everytime you press Cancel and resume, a smal square will display on the screen. This will tell you if you are entering the right code to perform the purge.

Since you replaced the tubes becuase they dried, make sure you have installed on the printer a new set of ink cartridges and a new set of printheads and not the ones.

Best regards

Mike g

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended
Here is a trick I use that is better than the purge on these printers since they do not use setup heads. I get a small syringe and remove all printheads. I then put the syringe into the rubber part of the tube assembly at the carriage assembly for each head and draw the ink for each color. You will have to draw the syringe a few times before ink will appear in it. I just press the syringe stem down with it in a cup to discharge the ink it has drawn. I do this for each color and after this is done it will be fine. Keep in mind to do the purge by the book you have to use printheads that have never been purged before. That is why I like my method. It is also good for eliminating air in the tubes as this is a common issue on this series since the purge never really fills each tube completely. Watch out for the yellow as that is the tube that most times clogs.
HP Recommended

I think I have the dried yellow tube.

I just want to be clear on my options since you seems to know best.

When I read anywhere dont purge a printhead that has ever been pruged before.  I have printhead that was installed and worked fine for a few prints, befire my non-use of a year.  But I never ran a purge command?  Is this one good to run purge on?  Or is a printhead automatically purged the first time it is installed.

ALso, when I stick a properly sized syringe in the yellow rubber assembly and pull or push there is nothing.  The pressure just pushes/pulls the syringe to the same point.

And why do I read eveywhere that a tube cannot be unconnected, cleaned out, and re-connected.

Please help!

Ron R.

HP Recommended

Once you remove the tube at either end you will not be able to secure it so it does not leak.  Some people have had success with using the syringe to pass some windex into the tube and leave it overnight and then use the syringe to draw the ink the next day.  I have not had success with this method and have seen quite a few of this series with the clogged yellow tube.  Now I was able to unclog one by using a basting like syringe that was very large and fashioned a pin from an old printhead to use to insert in the rubber at the front of the carriage assembly and gave it a good draw and lo and behold onthe 4th try it actually broke the clog.  Only time it worked.  Good Luck.

HP Recommended
Ok, I was able to push and pull ink with syringe. As for purge can I do this with a printhead that never had the purge command run on them before? or do all new printhead a purge when you first put them in?

I still don't understand the new printhead never been purged before instructions.

What is exactly happening in a purge? is it punching trough new ink or sucking out ink from tubes?

does it run on all the printhead a? is it wasteful in all? as I only have the problem on yellow.

also can anyone send/post the yellow print only file?

Ron T
HP Recommended
If you were able to get ink into the syringe you do not need to prime. You have already done it with the syringe.

HP Recommended
after pulling and pushing cleaner/ink do I push ink back in until no more ink fits? will I know when to stop? will it spill out? I don't want to bust the line or hardware with too much pressure.

I probably didn't put enough in. but now I am getting a "replace" printhead on that line.

help!!!!!!
HP Recommended

I have no idea what you are telling us.  I explained above that you draw the ink into the syringe.  You do not push the ink back into the tube, you just draw it until you have a good flow into the syringe.  You should be using a cup or other container to release the ink from the syringe since it will not be used again.  Once you are able to draw ink from all the tubes where there is no air you are done and put the printhead(s) back in and it should work.  If you get a bad printhead message, then you need to clean the contacts on the both the head and the flex connector in the carriage and reseat.  If that does not work, then the head needs to be replaced.  In other words while the syringe is attached to the carriage assembly you should only be pulling up on the plunger to draw ink and never pressing down until you are putting the ink drawn into a cup.  I can not explain it any other way.  Since I have a hard time understanding you, if you still can not draw ink into the syringe from any of the tubes, then the tube assembly will need to be replaced.

HP Recommended

I cleaned cloged Magenta ink tube on my Designjet 130. It was hard cloged. I removed ink tubes assy and cut Magenta ink tube on both ends (about 5 cm left), cleaned clog with long steel wire (0.6 mm diametre) washed it.  I restored cutted ink tube with another silicone tube, which I bought from a shop. I used about 5 cm. on both ends. It works perfect and takes about 1 hour, incl. disassembly and assembly the printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.