cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mcarasik
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Print is too light after installing new HP 49X cartridge in Laserjet 1320

HP Recommended
Laserjet 1320
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Just installed an HP original cartridge.  The first page printed fine, after which print density went down rapidly after just a few pages.  I'm not sure whether it is continuing to deteriorate.

Essentially the same question as in this post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Print-is-too-light-after-installing-new-HP-49X-cartridg...

But the answer obviously does not help, since mine is an original cartridge.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,025
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is now an older printer so where you got the toner could be a factor. Was the box blue and white or black and white?

0 Kudos
mcarasik
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think it was black and white, but I don't honestly remember -- and have already sent back the old one in it.

0 Kudos
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,025
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Return to place of purchase for refund or exchange.

0 Kudos
mcarasik
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're telling me I need to order a "blue" box?

Or what, exactly?

0 Kudos
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,025
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The black and white box is the latest toner if hp is still providing. I am just telling you if you think you got a toner that is defective you need to return it to place of purchase to have them replace it or give you your money back. The only way to get a toner to print darker is to use hp toolbox software which allows you to choose a higher density and to make sure econo mode is turned off. It may not be available for MAC systems.  Assuming the previous toner worked fine then I would think the new toner has an issue and needs to be replaced.

0 Kudos
mcarasik
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation