Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-04-2017 05:27 PM
Printer won't print black even with full set of new HP cartridges. Tried "clean print heads" several ties, wasting a lot of ink and paper. Worked for a page or two , then print was very faded or absent. I tried to access the "Adjust Printer Heads" from the icon screen. Upper right of screen shows "1/2" pages. Adjust Print Heads is on page 2; I saw it once. Now I cannot get the screen to move to page 2. I tried using my finger to scroll up/down. I tried pushing the "?" icon button. I heard a clicking sound when I pushed at top of scroll bar (and to the right of it) and same click heard at the bottom right of screen . But nothing moved. Ideas? Ready to go buy a different printer.
05-06-2017 08:37 AM
Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums.
I understand that you have an HP Photosmart 6525 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer won't print black color with a set of new ink cartridges. You have tried to clean the printhead. It worked only for a few pages and then the prints were faded or absent. Even the "adjust print head" option will not work on the printer screen. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.
I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- Please try to make a copy and check the if the printer makes a copy properly.
Secondly, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
Please perform step 7 to step 11 from this link. (Please skip any steps that you have already tried.
Also, check if the carriage in the printer moves freely or not.
Finally, perform a firmware update on the printer.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please let me know the results. Cheers!