Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 6520
macOS 10.12 Sierra

please let me know what the latest update is for my printer model, and if there is an update that I can install that is compatable with my IMAC Sierra 10.12 operating system.

I had an issue, when I was attemping the Scan a form to my computer that i wanted to save to my desktop and then later attach in an email.

Before I installed this latest update, I had been able to do this function easily, without a problem.

Please reply.  thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Troubleduser1, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you need the latest printer driver for OSX sierra 10.12.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes on your printer?

I have checked the records and found the latest printer driver for your MAC PC.

Version: 12.34 Is the latest driver available from HP.

Please update the printer software using this link.

You can uninstall the printer software from your MAC and install the printer software.

Click Finder in the Dock.
In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, then open the HP or Hewlett-Packard folder.
If HP Uninstaller is in the folder, double click it, then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.
If HP Uninstaller is not in the folder, continue to the next step.
Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.
In the menu bar, click Go, click Go to Folder, type /Library/Printers, then click Go.
The Printers folder opens.
Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.
Restart the Mac.
Right-click or Ctrl + click the Trash icon, then select Empty Trash.

Hope this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.