Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hi, I just hooked up this printer a couple months ago.  Everything worked well and then about 3 weeks ago, it started to not print the next document in line after I printed something.   I have to open "all active printers" on my computer and delete the "pending" document that actually just printed and is really no longer pending although it says it is.   It does this 98% of the time.  Sometimes if I want to print more than one copy, it will only print one and then I have to delete it and start all over to get another copy.  

Got any suggestions to fix this?  I'm not to good at computer problems so if you would add details, that would be great.  

Thanks, Suze

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, @Suze00 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out to HP support forums! I’d like to be of your assistance 🙂

I see that you are facing issues while printing with your Envy printer. Let’s first try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program, select your printer and click on “Fix Printing” to automatically diagnose and fix the issue.

If the issue persists, then try the steps below:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://hp.care/2dH39m9 to download and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Dvortex,

Well life got a little intense there the last two months and I didn't get back here to update.  I tried what you suggested and then I got into some questions that I didn't know what to do and was afraid I was really going to mess things up so I gave it up.  Life got crazy and had no time to get back to it.  I did have to take my computer to have it worked on last week.  After a few days of computer work at home, I got a printer wizzard that popped up all by itself and so I went with it and guess what, it's working now.  I no longer have documents locked up and I don't have to delete the last print out.  I don't know exactly what got it going again but I'm HAPPY!  : )

I was getting a message a few months ago also that said something to the fact that printer could not scan to the computer.  I have no idea if that is working now because I don't know how to scan something to my computer.  I guess that will be for another day as life's problems have not left me much time.  I haven't seen that message in quite a while so maybe that's fixed too.   Just wanted to get back here and thank you for all the info you gave me.  Hopefully it will help someone else.

Thanks, Suze

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.