cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
billytec
Level 3
41 27 4 6
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Solved!

Printer Ethernet cabled to router

HP Recommended
HP 6500 E709a AIO network prin
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

This should be a simple matter. My home/office network has a Belkin 600n wireless router. I am unsure of how to respond to the setup software asking how the printer is connected to computer. I have both wireless and Ethernet cabled computers on this network. I am trying to run the setup software on each of the computers. I am only given two choices, USB or wireless. I think there should be a third choise; ethernet cable. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
X-23
Retired
Retired
4,555 4,127 319 700
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @billytec,

I understand that you're running into an issue when running the network install on your Windows computers for your HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer. I would like to assist you with this today.

Choosing the Wireless network option should not pose any issues when installing your printer. It will still be detected on your network and should install without any issues at all. When it comes to your computers being wired and wireless, that makes no difference for how they communicate with your wired printer. The only requirement is that they are all on the same network. 

To ensure that you are running the correct installer, simply click here. Once the website opens select the Download button on the top left. Once the download is complete, run through the onscreen instructions to install your printer.

Please let me know if this clears up any confusion. I wish you luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

billytec
Author
Level 3
41 27 4 6
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

X-23,

I can print to the printer, but I just do not have the HP Solution Center function. I use to have it, but after installing another printer, I've lost that function. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the 6500 software so many times, with the same results, My next plan of action will be to completely wipe the HDD and install a clean Win 7 O/S and see if that want clear up this issue.

btk (billy the kid) 

0 Kudos
X-23
Retired
Retired
4,555 4,127 319 700
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @billytec,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this issue. If you want to hold off on wiping your computer and reinstalling Windows 7, I do have some suggestions for troubleshooting this Solutions Center issue. Can I please have you follow the steps below.

Step 1: Uninstall Drivers:

I understand that you have already done this multiple times. However, it is important for us to have a clean slate to work with to resolve this issue. Unfortunately, I will need you to uninstall again.

1. Click on your Start menu
  2. Select All Programs
  3. Select the HP folder
  4. Select your HP Officejet
  5. Select Uninstall

Follow through with the onscreen instructions to complete the uninstall. Once the printer has been uninstalled, please proceed to the next step.

Step 2: Clear Temp Files:

1. Click on your Start menu
  2. In the 'search programs and files' box located right above Start after you click on it, type %temp% and hit enter on your keyboard
  3. When the Temp folder opens, select Ctrl + A at the same time on your keyboard. Everything in this folder will now highlight.
  4. Select the 'delete' button on your keyboard. The Temp folder contains temporary internet files. No actual files or folders on your computer will be affected by deleting the Temp files. Should a Temp file still be used than you will automatically get the pop up to 'skip' that item.
  5. Close the Temp folder once it is emptied
  6. Right click the Recycling Bin on your desktop and select Empty Recycling Bin

Step 3: Run CCleaner:

To ensure that there are no malicious files on your computer that is preventing Solutions Center from installing properly. Also, to ensure that there are no corruptions within the computer Registry, I am going to have you download and install the CCleaner Tool. Please click here to download the Tool. Once the website opens select the Free Download button at the top. When the Tool is downloaded, please run the Scan.

Step 4: Reinstall Drivers:

1. Lastly, please click here to download the drivers for your printer
  2. Once the website opens, select the Download button on the top left
  3. Once the download is complete please follow through with the onscreen instructions to install your printer

Once the installation is complete, please test scanning again to verify that the issue has been resolved.

Please let me know if these steps resolve your issue. Also, if you decided to go ahead and reinstall your Windows 7 Operating System again, please let me know if that fixed your issue. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

billytec
Author
Level 3
41 27 4 6
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good evening X-23,

I can hold off on wiping my HDD. I was sucessfull in reverting back to my old HDD. This contains my old Win 7 O/S from last year. On it I am able to acccess HP Solutions and scan documents. This also leads me to believe there is something corrupt on my new HDD and O/S. I will atempt to follow your new directions ASAP. At this time we have our Great Grand Daughter for the week-end and truthfully computering is not a healthy occupation, until she goes back home to her Mom & Dad.

btk (billy the kid)

billytec
Author
Level 3
41 27 4 6
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok X-23, The grand daughter is taking a nap, so now to comply with your directions.

1) The HP folder in the start programs get's me that error message.

2) I'll go to the Devices and Printers and uninstall.

3) Ok all is unstalled per your instructions.

4) Temp file is emptied and Recycling Bin is emptied.

5) CCleaner downloaded, installed and ran.

6) HP Printer software downloaded and installed.

7) I get the same error message. Sorry, I was in hopes that your instructions were going to give me a differant ending. I will give you feed back on this issue as I resolve it.

btk (billy the kid)

0 Kudos
billytec
Author
Level 3
41 27 4 6
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Solutions for Install Errors (Windows 7) <script src="http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/IPG/CA/jqueryUI1.8/js/jquery-1.4.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/IPG/CA/jqueryUI1.8/js/jquery-ui-1.8.custom.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/IPG/CA/jqueryUI1.8/external/jquery.cookie.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/IPG/CA/generic/js/3.0/translations.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/IPG/CA/generic/js/3.0/troubleshoot.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript">// try { setSolutionOptions($('html').attr('lang'), $("#oVTS").attr("APPLICATIONNAME"), '10552322', "bmGenericSurvey", 8, '', '', 'Unknown', '', ''); $(window).load(function(){ $("#TSLoading").remove(); }); } catch (e) { alert('There is a problem with the application.\n\nYour computer must be connected to the internet to use this troubleshooter.'); window.close(); //If it gets here, then the window.close did not fail, but did not close the app, probably due //to the "print preview" bug in IE. Get the mshta.exe task and kill it. var objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\\\.\\root\\CIMV2"); var colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = 'mshta.exe'"); var enumItems = new Enumerator(colProcessList); for (; !enumItems.atEnd(); enumItems.moveNext()) { var objProcess=enumItems.item(); objProcess.Terminate(); } } // </script>

Solution for HP Installation Error on Windows 7

We are sorry that our software encountered an error while installing. Despite our best efforts, this happens sometimes because every computer is slightly different.

If these instructions don't help, or if you run into additional problems, you can use our customer support forums, where you can talk with or view postings from other customers. We also have chat and phone support agents (availability may vary depending on where you live). Click Further Assistance for more information.

Watch this introductory video

Introduction

Temporarily disabled - tried using a "mark of the web" comment - didn't work. Doesn't seem to work in a dialog box or standalone.

To begin troubleshooting, choose how you are trying to connect your printer, and then click Begin Troubleshooting, below.

Select your printer connection type to start USB connection Wireless connection Wired Ethernet USB Wireless network Wired network
0 Kudos
billytec
Author
Level 3
41 27 4 6
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, X-23,

Just as soon as I got most things squared away with the clean install of Win 7; I ran the printer software and everything went smoothy.  HP solution Center worked just beautifully also. 

I have not found out what was blocking the printer installation, but I will continue to try to get to the bottom of it.

btk (billy the kid)

billytec
Author
Level 3
41 27 4 6
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All of the suggested solutions were very good, however they just don't work if your O/S is corupted by some type of Malware. Wiping the HDD and installing a clean O/S works perfectley.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation