Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printer Install

HP Recommended
Deskjet 1010
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Went through installation process. Last step was to connect printer to USB port. Did this with printer on....no response from my computer. Tried again switching to a different USB port. Same result. I've got to believe they sent me a bad USB cable??????

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 6
475 474 25 73
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How many USB ports do you have on your computer?  Did you select the same USB port that was used during the installation process?  If you have more than 2 USB ports I could move the cable around till you get connectivity.  I rarely see a bad cable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,164 7,248 342 890
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello dbtorch,

I see that you are having some issues with the installation when attempting to connect the printer to the computer with the USB cable.

I do have a few suggestions that we can try.

First off, please make sure that you have the printer power cable connected directly to a wall outlet and not a power bar/strip. Here is a document that uses a LaserJet printer as an example but it is meant for HP products in general. Please click on the following link that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.

I also suggest that you disable any Windows Firewalls and/or Anti Virus protection you may have running and then do the installation once again.

Feel free to write me back at any time.

Cheers,   Smiley Very Happy

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I was correct in my initial evaluation. A new cable instantly solved the problem.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation