cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CarleeM
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer Issues : HP ENVY 4512

HP Recommended
(removed content)

Upon first receiving my printer, it connected and worked fine with my computer. Then out of nowhere it has unconnected. On my computer, I can search for the printer, It will appear as a device to connect it will proceed to ask me to enter some type of pin that appears on my printers screen. I'll type it in, it will show a loading sign on printers screen as if working, then my computer will say " Driver is unavailable" under my printers name. I've literally tried everything in the world I could find online to try to fix it. I've lost the cord that connects from printer to my computer directly or I would try that way. My boyfriends computer has been and is still connected to the printer without any problems. But I hate having to wait for him to bring his computer everytime I need to print something, which is often.  Can anyone explain this to me or tell me what I could do to fix  this problem?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,532
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CarleeM

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4512 All-in-One Printer and it does not stay connected to the computer.  The printer connects fine to another computer which belongs to your boyfriend. While trying to connect, there is a prompt for a pin which is shown up on the printer screen. Post entering the pin, the computer states "Driver is unavailable". I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• What operating system are you using on your computer? Is it Windows or Mac?
  • Is it a wireless connection to the router or a wifi direct? (Wi-Fi Direct provides a direct wireless connection to your HP printer that allows you to print without joining a local network or connecting to the Internet. When you activate Wi-Fi Direct on your printer, you can securely print documents or photos from most Wi-Fi-capable computers and mobile devices. The technology is similar to Bluetooth but uses Wi-Fi to work at greater distances and faster speeds.)

Meanwhile, if you're using a wireless router then please run the wireless setup wizard on the printer:

Once the printer is connected to the network, you may download and install the drivers from this link.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to reply. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation