Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
printer 2540

can someone PLEASE help! did everything person below said and still can't stop printer from entering sleep mode--is it useless to me as is!

Re: How leave printer on and ready to print all day[ New ]

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try using a TCP/IP port?

Create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the Front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)
2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right click the printer and left click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.
3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.
4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Note that you can ALWAYS revert back to the original port that the HP software installed by selecting the HP port under the Ports tab (in Printer Properties)

Let us know if that works

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Student
sm13

Message 3 of 3 (0 Views)
Re: How leave printer on and ready to print all day

i did everything as directed and this did not work at all! still going in to sleep mode. This is ridiculous there is no way i should have to run downstairs every 15 min to turn on my printer again!! pls help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @sm13, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand your printer keeps entering into sleep mode.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

As you mentioned the issue persists after assigning static IP to your printer.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

If you are running windows on your PC please update the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Please find the link to update printer firmware.

Also, Make sure the router channel is set to 11 and b/g.

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi can you explain what you mean byu Also, Make sure the router channel is set to 11 and b/g.

HP Recommended

@sm13, Thanks for your quick response and time.

As you needed to know what is B/G on the router.

IEEE 802.11n is a wireless networking standard created to improve network throughput (maximum speed and transmission capabilities) over the two prior standards—802.11a and 802.11g. For example, most coffee shop hotspot routers run on Wireless-G (54 Mbps) or even Wireless-B (11 Mbps). They are constantly being shared by many people so it can be somewhat slow to connect and actually surf the web.

If you need to know how to change the router settings, please contact your internet service provider they should help you in changing the settings.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.