cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mb218
Level 1
5 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Printer already claimed

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5520
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have set up the HP connected account and this shows no devices added. When I try and add my printer, I get an error saying that the printer is already claimed and I need to delete this device. How can I get round this error as there is no printer to delete from the devices section.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
jabzi
Level 13
Level 13
6,414 6,388 514 1,118
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Please log in to you HP Connected account, then follow the below steps..

Click on Devices, 

hpConnected.jpg

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
mb218
Author
Level 1
5 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm afraid this doesn't help. In the devices panel, there are no devices added as shown in the following picture.  I think this may be to do with the upgrade from hp eprint centre to hp connected. I reinstalled the printer recently and I was moved over to hp connected. This has no devices added, but equally seems to have some memory of the device being added previously, so I'm not able to add the device again. Any solutions would be gratefully received.

hpconnectedscreen.png

0 Kudos
jabzi
Level 13
Level 13
6,414 6,388 514 1,118
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Please try the below steps to REMOVE the Webservices from the Printer.

On the printer, below the Wireless button, 

Touch the ePrint icon on the printer.
Touch the "Gear icon", then scroll to select the option "Remove Web Services"

To enable, it,  Touch the ePrint icon on the printer and then follow the instruction displyed on the printer. In the end the printer would print the CODE.

Go to the HP Connect page, login to your account. Click ADD printer and then when prompted enter the CODE that was printed.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation