Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 3630
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have just bought a HP 3630 printer, which is connected to my computer via a USB cable. It is printing correctly.

I don't need the wireless and the light is switched off - in spite of this, the printer is appearing on the Network of my whole building. How can I disable the wireless for good? As I have mentioned, I have read the manual and the wireless light is off. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

YOu have Wi-Fi diesct turned on in the printer.  You need to turn it off.

From reading the User Guide... page 71.

To turn Wi-Fi Direct on or off
On the printer control panel, press the Wi-Fi Direct button ( ).

● When Wi-Fi Direct is turned on, the Wi-Fi Direct light is on steady. To find the Wi-Fi Direct name and
password, press the Information button ( ) to print a printer information page.

NOTE: When you turn on Wi-Fi Direct the first time, the printer automatically prints a Wi-Fi Direct
guide. The guide provides instructions about how to use Wi-Fi Direct. After that, you can press the Wi-Fi
Direct button ( ) and the Information button ( ) together to print the Wi-Fi Direct guide. The
guide may not be available in all languages.

● When Wi-Fi Direct is turned off, the Wi-Fi Direct light is off.

● For more information about the Wi-Fi Direct light status, see Control panel lights and display icons
status on page 7.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.