Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 5530
macOS 10.12 Sierra
The printer is over a year old and has given us zero problems. My wife has been able to print from her iPad flawlessly.

I had been using standard ink cartridges up till yesterday. I got the instant ink starter package and installed the cartridges last night. The printer went through the self-test and printed out the alignment page, which I scanned. Everything appeared OK.

This morning, I cannot now print from the printer. The printer's screen and the HP Envy printer app on my iMac both say that printing is in progress, but not a peep of activity from inside the printer. Although the printer says it is printing, nothing happens. I cannot print a PDF, nor can the 5530 print any of its self-test or internet info or alignment page. It's dead.

I've reset the printer, unplugged the cord, removed the 5530 from my iMac's list of printers (this is the only printer) and added it back. Nothing. I've removed the instant ink cartridges and put the old ones back in -- still nothing.

If someone could point me in a direction where I can do some more focused troubleshooting, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks -- Mike in Durham, NC
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Well, in clicking around one of the other messages, I stumbled across the Printer's web page and discovered that it had gotten disconnected from the wifi network. I re-specified and logged back in. My wife was able to print from her iPad, I could print from my imac, and the printer could print a self-test.

So it looks like I'm back in bidness. I still don't know why the instant ink cartridges did not print this morning -- perhaps I didn't push them in far enough? I unloaded and reloaded them a couple of times today.

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear you got you printer working again @brownstudy

If you'd like assistance with your Instant Ink account in the future, please provide me with either you Instant Ink account or the email address you used to enroll. I ask that you do not post this information publicly, instead, send me a private message. 

How To Send A Private Message - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Cheers,
Lisa
 - HP Instant Ink Support

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.