Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (16,129 Views)

Printer cartridge won't move to center

I have an HP officejet 7110 all-in-one. I am trying to change printer cartridge but the cartridge won't move to the center. I have opened and closed lid repeatedly to no avail. I have turned the printer off and on, and unplugged and replugged. Is there a way to move the printer cartridge carriage manually?

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 3 (16,121 Views)

Re: Printer cartridge won't move to center

[ Edited ]

Hi tiashrayber,

Sorry to hear your difficulty on changing the ink cartridge. There's sometimes an obstruction on the carriage path that's why it's not moving automatically to the center.

I believe you can move the printer cartridge / printhead manually for you to change the inks. Try checking this article: Carriage Jam

Hope this works for you!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheers! Smiley Happy

* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (16,116 Views)

Re: Printer cartridge won't move to center

Hi - thanks very much! I resorted to shaking the printer a few times and it finally did move to the center... but, I suspect there is some problem that will come up again next time I have to replace the printer ink...so, I looked at the article you sent. The only thing I didn't try that I saw there was moving the cartridge by hand by accessing through the paper tray... I will try to see if I can do that! thanks again, Tia.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation