Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 3310 All in One

Hi there,

I have an German HP photosmart 3310 All in one model and moved to South Africa. Can anyone advise which compatible printer cartridges I must use as the German cartidges HP 363 are not available here.

Many Thanks

Nicola

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @NicolaDE,

Good Day.   Thank you for stopping by the HP forums. I reviewed the post for assistance regarding ordering compatible HP cartridges. I will be glad to assist you here. 🙂

Superb description and splendid diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For providing you with an accurate response I would require more information regarding this.

• Do you plan to reside in South Africa for a long time?
  • Do you plan to use the printer in the same country that you reside in for a long time?

Please provide all these details for us to assist you better.

• Please do not buy any ink cartridges for now.
  • If you require more information visit this link:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02558798  to order cartridges based on the country that you currently reside in. 
  • Don’t order the cartridges just yet.  There is something called regionalization or reset that needs to be done on the printer if you live in a different country and plan to use the printer for a long time here.

Please contact HP phone support for further assistance in this regard.

• HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true
  • (1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • (2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • (3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • (4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
  • They will be happy to assist you immediately. It might be paid support though based on your warranty.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Upbutton to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi DavidSMP

thank you very much for your detailed response.

I moved from Germany to SA to stay here for longer.

I visited both suggested websites and get the response that my printer model is not anylonger supported by HP due to it's age (10 years).

I have no other idea how to solve the problem (other than getting cartridges from Germany during my next visit..which is not so very practical) or getting a new printer (which is rediculous as my current model, though old, is functioning fine and never gave me any trouble.

I am very grateful for any other suggestions.

Thanks Nicola

HP Recommended

@NicolaDE

It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I appreciate the details and would love to help your out,

It looks like we may need to regionalize the printer to work with the S.A configured Cartridges,

This process will be done via our Private Message section as I will be sharing sensitive information with you to get it working without you having to go back to Germany to get the new cartridges:

I'm sending out a Private message with the reset instructions,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your Profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Await instructions and keep me posted,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi  Riddle_Decipher

many thanks for your response, I checked but have not received any private message as of today. Will you be able to resend ?

Thanks Nicola

HP Recommended

Hello, @NicolaDE

I see that you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher. I'd like to help 🙂

I understand that you have not received the private message. Hence, I am sending you a private message with instructions right away. Please check your inbox and reply via private message to me.

Thanks, I'll watch for your reply!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.