Lately when I attempt to print, the printer constantly is off line or shows as "Not Connected" I used the guided tool to help and that sometimes brings it back online, and about half the time I have to unplug the printer and plug it back in. Not very efficient operation if I have to do that so hoping there is a new driver on the way.
I see that you're experiencing issues with your HP Photosmart C4780 Printer. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue.
In order to assist you better, I may require more information.
In addition, here's a thread which another community member posted with a solution. Posted by mrhaydock.
Unfortunately, Microsoft hasn't created a hotfix for this issue yet for Windows 10, however we can try these steps.
If the issue persists, you could try switching your printer port from using the WSD to a Standard TCP/IP port.
To do this, you will need your printers current IP address. The Network Configuration page shows the network settings for the product. To Print this page; Press the Network button () on the product control panel.
Next, you will want to do the following to switch the port:
1. Locate and open Devices and Printers.
2. Right click on your printer icon and choose Printer Properties.
3. Click on the Ports tab along the top of the page.
4. Click on the Add Port... button.
5. If you have the option for HP Standard TCP/IP Port, select it other wise just select the Standard TCP/IP Port.
6. Click the New Port... button.
7. Click Next > button in the wizard.
8. Enter your printers current IP address from your Network Configuration page. Note: The Port Name will auto-populate. I would recommend putting a check mark in the box; Always print to this device, even if it's IP address changes.
9. Click Next > button in the wizard.
10. Click the Finish button.
11. This may take you back to this Printer Ports window, you should be able to close it. Then Click Apply and OK in the Properties Window.
12. Try it and see if this resolves this issue you are experiencing.