cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Duffer51
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer does not shut down

HP Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My wireless printer will not shut down.  It has been in the shut down mold for hours.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,409 1,409 74 133
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer does not shut down

Welcome to the HP Forums @Duffer51!!

As I understand you have the problem while shutting down the HP Envy 4500 printer.

I would like to help.

Let’s first try a hard reset on the printer.

Try the steps below:
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Remove USB cable, if present.
Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let me know how it goes, cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation