The HP Community is here for you.
01-15-2014 10:56 AM
After I updated my laptop to windows verison 8.1, I have not been able to print off my laptop. The printer is an HP lasterjet p1006. When I try to download the printer to my computer, after the download is complete the printer does not show up in my devices. I downloaded the p1006 64-bit. I've tried downloading it a few times and it still has not worked for me. I did not have a problem until I updated my laptop to windows 8.1. Why won't this work?
01-16-2014 06:39 AM
Since already downloaded the driver from web, follow the instruction:
For USB Connection:
1. Close any software programs running on your computer.
2. Click the Download button and save this file
2. Double click on the downloaded file. The self-extracting process will appear.
3. Click to accept the terms in the license agreement. Click Next.
4. Driver installation begins. Driver files are pre-installed during this process.
5. A screen pops up to prompt to connect the USB cable. Insert the USB cable.
6. Device is connected, waiting for PnP to finish installing driver.
7. Click Finish to complete software installation.
OR refer web page 'How to install' section (next to overview):
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos!" which is on the left. Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue