Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3630 All in One ser

Wireless printer set up showing connection to Wi Fi but not printing items sent from iPad. Printer is photocopying. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @PM69,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having issues with the printer not printing from iPad on your HP DeskJet 3630 printer. I would suggest you assign a static IP address on the printer, which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the Operating system installed on the PC? Windows or Mac

Have you tried to perform a hard reset on the printer?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

I would suggest you assign a static IP address and check. This will also help you in getting a steady connection on your printer. Here are the steps:

•    Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.

•    Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.

•    Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.

•    Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)

•    Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

•    Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Now, restart your printer, PC, and other devices on the same network.

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection

Please perform the steps suggested and please get back to us with the results for further assistance.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestions but I am unable to obtain an IP address by touching the WiFi icon. No address appears and the wireless system merely switches on and off. I am using an Apple Mac iPad.

HP Recommended

Hi! @PM69, I am @sandytechy20. It looks like you were interacting with @jeet_singh but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue.

Print network configuration page to obtain the IP address.

On the printer's control panel, press the Wireless button  and the Information button  at the same time.

Both a Network Configuration Page and a Wireless Network Test Report print.

And then Update the printer firmware.

Assign a manual IP address to your printer.

Click here and follow step 10 and 11 from this document.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.