cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer head cleaning

I cannot use the menu on the inkjet printer itself as it tells me that the black ink needs replacing.  Light keeps flashing and I have tried multiple ways to correct this; just replaced the ink cartridge.

If I try to use the menu on the computer, when I click on Maintenance tasks, a screen titled "printer preferences" comes up.

I read that you can clean printer heads by removing from the printer and soaking in water, but I don't think I can remove the print heads from our printer.  It is an HP D7100.

This is the second time I have posted these problems.  Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 748 1,775
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer head cleaning

Hi @regeaston,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I noticed that your HP D7100 keeps saying the black needs replacing, and the light keeps flashing. I am happy to help!

I would recommend to look through these guides:

If the guides do not work, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Hope this information helps, and have a wonderful day! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer head cleaning

Thanks for trying everyone, but as we were needing the printer "then" instead of later, we scrapped it and got a different one.  So therefore we couldn't try the 'help' that you suggested.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation