cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
glitterkip
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printer heads

HP Recommended
Officejet pro 8000 enterprise
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)
How do I know when the printer heads need changing.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,609
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @glitterkip – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for your continued participation on the HP Forums. I’d like to help!

The print head is replaced as a last resort to fix the print quality issues. If you are facing the print quality issues with your Officejet printer and even after following all relevant steps, then you could try and replace the print head.

Check http://hp.care/2rnZUoT for detailed information.

Also, if you specifically get the “Printhead problem” and if you are unable to fix the issue, then you could try and replace the print head. Check http://hp.care/2rnM71D

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
glitterkip
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi Dvortex
I have tried all the above but still problems remains.
The printer reads the cartrages as full but will not print out in colour. It will print 4- 5 pages in black and white then printing ink starts to fade, I let the printer rest about 1 hour then try again it will print about 4 pages’ black and white before it fades out again and repeat.
It’s fare to say I print a lot in colour about 50 A4 size a time for a cub pack for Christmas cards Easter mothers day and fathers day along with flyers for coffee mornings to raise money so it takes a lot of punishment on the print heads.
I’ve realigned it and it said can’t realigned the printhead and just prints an alignment page in black only. I use quality hp refilled cartrages and have had no problems before.
I ask again how do I know when the print heads need changing ? Will it tell me on the little screen .?
0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,529
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@glitterkip

Hi,

as @Dvortex is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. I have read your post comprehensively. 

I understand that you would like to know when to replace the printhead. 

The printer may not display a message to replace the printhead. Instead, by observing the print quality, it indicates that the printhead needs a replacement. Unless there is a major fault in the printhead, the printhead error may not come up. 

In this case, the cartridges are original HP cartridges and you have cleaned the printhead too. So I think it is time to get the printhead replaced. You may reach out to our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for the printer.

I hope this answers your questions. Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions. Good luck!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation