Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (593 Views)

Printer in Error state

I have a Lenovo Think Pad T430u. My OS is Windows 7 Professional. My printer is an HP Deskjet D1660. I downloaded the drivers from the internet and have used it for the past 6 months without problems. That is no longer the case. I have been unable to print anything for the past month.

For some reason my system is telling me that my printer is FAX HP Deskjet 4640 series. When I try uninstalling the driver package, it says I am not allowed to do so because that driver is in use.

The task bar in the Devices /Printers window says 0 documents in queue but when I hover over the Printer icon itself it says 2 documents in queue.

Help!!! I need to get my printer working asap!! I have assignments and papers to turn in!!!

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (554 Views)

Re: Printer in Error state

[ Edited ]

Hello YALD, and welcome to the HP Forums. I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see your having problems with your Deskjet queues. I have a few steps here that should help resolve that.

-Click the Start button

-Click Control Panel

-Click System and Maintenance

-Open Administrative Tools
-Click Services

-Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Properties.
-Select Automatic in the General tab
-Under Service status, click Start, and then click OK.

-Reboot your computer and try uninstalling the Driver package

If you run into any other issues uninstalling the software, please refer to this document: Uninstall HP Printer Software.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation