Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've used my officejet printer for about four months now and just in the past month, the pages have started printing wrong.  The printer doesn't allow any margins at the top of the page and will sometimes cut the top of some pages off.  There is also a larger margin at the bottom of the page.  

I have tried other forums and troubleshooting suggestions, but the problem is still persisting.  

I copied a page to make sure it wasn't the printer instead of an application and it cut the top of the copy off as well.  

Things I have tried so far: 

-Factory reset

-Hard reset: taking the ink out, unplugging the printer, letting it sit two minutes, plugging it back in (to the wall, not a surge protector) and reseting it, 

-Aligning the printer head. 

Please help! I need this printer working for my clinic files and I cannot find a solution. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @k718ad ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As stated in the original post, I have tried several trouble shooting solutions with no resluts. 

-Aligned printer head

-Hard reset

-Factory Reset

-Cleaned cartridges 

Worked best about a month ago. It prints this way across multiple appilcations and windows. 

HP Recommended

Hi @k718ad,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/ Enter Product number or select to auto detect.Scroll down to "Still need help?

Complete the form to select your contact options". Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have been having exactly the same problem and did contact HP telephone support. The support person was very polite and dilegent but after 1.5 hrs assistance was still not able to resolve the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @ELizBren ,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I fixed this issue on my printer. I pushed the paper very far in and it printed out just fine.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.