Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612 e-all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have had to move my printer so changed it from Wi-Fi to a USB connection due to location. It's too far away from the router to pick up wi-fi consistently and my PC needs to use to only wi-fi cable.

Have uninstalled all the drivers etc and reinstalled the latest driver to get it working.

This has worked fine to get use the scanner but not the printer.

I can print a diagnostic page for some reason but not a test page!

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @IssyMum

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to print after connecting the printer using the USB cable.

I’d love to help!

I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article to setup the printer using the USB cable.

http://hp.care/2pGkhgr

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your help, however it still not working. I have tried the solution you provided which were drivers I had already tried before.  But I started all over again following your directions after deleting all the previous drivers etc. I get to number 4 and the dialog box where it asks me what connection I am using and then after that it doesnt recognise that the USB s even connected even though at the end of part 1 the USB was shown to be connected successfully (but still not printing) So after deleting everything I tried doing it again just using part 1 but it still won't print. So then I deleted everything again and tried just starting from part 2 and had the same problem as the first try. I cannot finish the last dialog box because it doesn't recognise the USB even when I take it in and out again. It is so frustrating because I can still scan and print a disgnostic page but not a document or test page so it's not a connection problem. I can even see the documents going into the print dialog box and then just disappearing 😞

So frustrating!

Please help.

HP Recommended

@IssyMum

Hi,

as @The_Fossette is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

I read that the printer does not get installed via USB.  I'll do my best to help you.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to uninstall any existing drivers from the root level:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.

Now you may download and install the drivers from this link

NOTE: Do not connect the printer yet to the computer. Initiate the installation and during installation, there will be a message to connect the printer. That's when you may connect the printer and continue with the installation.

If the printer is still not detected by the computer, then please ensure that the USB port are working. You may test the USB ports by connecting other USB devices and check if they work fine.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but this solution does not work either.

I am having exactly the same issue as before.

It is not the USB port as I am still able to scan and print a diagnostics test page just as last time.

As I said previously this is obviously not a connection issue but a software conflict of some sort.

The printer worked fine when it was previously set up on wifi.

I cannot now use it on wifi due to location - which is why i changed to USB.

I have had to buy various cables to get it set up like this and have lost a lot of work time due to these problems.

Please can someone help to fix this.

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

@IssyMum

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

I request you to contact HP Phone support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.